Sunday, July 22, 2007

Teacher Guo

I just received an email from my university in China, giving details of with whom I shall be living. I have been told it is 国老师, but that is all I know. I have emailed her asking a little bit about her family, hopefully they have a kid my age! The email also said that Teacher Guo doesn't speak much English, so expect Chinese to be spoken at all times. Fun! In the email was a list of rules and regulations, and guess what, they're in Chinese too. From what I can translate, it basically says I must be home by 10:30pm each day, or alert my family otherwise. Same goes for dinner every night at 5:30 which I will be expected to attend. I am not allowed to have guests stay past 7pm, nor am I allowed to return home drunk. What a party this is going to be! But it's all good really, my Chinese should come along leaps and bounds this year then, fingers crossed I'm not locked in an underground cupboard! Ooh, wouldn't it be nice if I had an ensuite room with a balcony and sattelite tv... One can wish.

Getting visa on August 1st now. Apparently we get given a multi-entry visa without even asking. Cher ching! Japan here I come :)

1 comment:

Xi Han said...

Wow sounds exciting! Hmm, how did you find out we get given a multiple entry visa automatically? See, I thought we did too, but then having read all the visa application regulations, I concluded I had misunderstood somewhere along the line. So do you know whether we still only pay the typical single entry visa price? I ask because I've been debating which one I can afford! x